Krakow Diary Day #3 (Tuesday Sep. 19)

The others have arrived.

There are nearly a dozen of us living in the guest house behind the Villa Decius for three months. I arrived late, as I was still in the US, and so I missed an excursion they made together over the weekend to the Ukraine. They returned Monday night, so I am beginning to meet them in the halls and in the kitchen.

Laryssa is a tall Ukrainian translator (Ukrainian/Polish). I don’t know what she translates because she doesn't speak much English. She is shy and you know what that means: I suspect she is hiding some kind of mystery. Alas, I will never know what it is. Unless I start learning Ukrainian.

Here's a photo of the funky East European sculpture in garden:

Comments

katja said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
katja said...

Hi Eric, I want to know, if this sculpture is a funky east european sculpture because its a sculpture standing in Krakow? Or do you know something about the artist, who made it? Katja

Popular posts from this blog

Die deutsche Kultur ist stagniert

DIE WACHABLÖSUNG

Macht Kapitalismus die Welt besser oder schlechter?