Saw Whodunit, Still Dunno Whodunit

I know you've all been wondering who murdered Sir Lionel. I saw the play – "Die brillianten Ideen des Earl of B." (The Brilliant Ideas of the Earl of B.) by John Willenberg in Münster Saturday night and I figured out who the murderer is: It was Mr. French, the cook. No, wait a minute, he was ornery enough to do it, but he didn’t have a motive. It was Betsy, the maid. No, wait a minute, I don’t think that's right. She was nuts enough, but why would she do it?I know, it was Lord and Lady Aimswell (Aimswell!). They're the ones who were set to inherit the money. Wait a minute, so was Lord Kensington. But he didn’t have the guts. What about those little kids that kept running in and out of the scenery claiming they found the pistol I the attic, then under the stairs, then in the kitchen?

What about the body that kept disappearing? What about the murder we never actually saw? Why were there more shots fired than murders committed? What about the prostitutes and their madame, and why did they all turn out to be someone else than they claimed to be?At the end of the second act, they took a break and passed out sheets of papers with the names of all the characters on them – you had to guess which character was the murderer and turn in the sheet again.
I think I checked off and crossed out every name on the sheet. Or maybe I didn’t. That's how confused I was.I hung around the cast and crew a while after the show and I picked up some hints about what next year's play would be about. I think a pharmaceutical company was mentioned. And a murder. One of the children requested that she be the murder victim next time, Mr. French, who is also the author and director John Willenberg, refused. "More likely you would be the murderer," he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Die deutsche Kultur ist stagniert

DIE WACHABLÖSUNG

Macht Kapitalismus die Welt besser oder schlechter?